Hi. In rich text documents, tables are an important part of layout for me. In CryptPad, there are several annoying things about this. I think they are most easily addressed, for the audience the product currently has, by introducing a toggle so you can manually edit the document HTML. I've been writing HTML for 20+ years, so I could easily flip back and forth, or write HTML directly and have a preview mode, to handle advanced formatting options without having to wait for feature development. This is philosophically very similar to the use of Markdown in other parts of the CryptPad project.
- The inheritance and timing overrides of cell property configurations. If I made a 2 cells 50% width of a row, but previously one cell had a width of 100px, it's not overriding with the 50% "correctly".
- Classic HTML table issues with earlier row widths effecting later rows.
- Deleting a merged cell covering 5 rows removes that cell and does not redistribute the width to the other cells in those 5 rows. Instead, it creates "non" cell space that you can't edit.
- NULLing out a height, or other, configuration after you have one.
- Limitations to pixels and percent measurements.